In line with its National Content Plan, Papua LNG will seek to promote and enable PNG business participation & capacity building in the Oil & Gas sector and in the broader economy. This will be achieved by developing a competitive National Content program which will contribute to the Project’s needs and performance, the long term production phase and the growth of businesses in other industries in PNG.
The three pillars of our National Content Plan which form the basis of our National Content Program are:
- Local employment and skills development,
- The development of local companies, and
- The implementation of strategic socio-economic investment projects.
We will seek to promote the employment and training of Papua New Guineans by:
- Optimising the recruitment and skills development of PNG nationals within the Project’s construction and long-term Operational phases.
- Prioritising the recruitment of citizens from the Project Area Of Influence (Landowner) communities and hosting provinces, followed by National recruitment from other provinces.
- Working with all direct contractors and their subcontractors to deliver on the above responsibilities.
- Utilising, supporting and strengthening PNG educational institutions and industry training organizations to provide training and certification.
The Papua LNG project aims to meaningful engage with all its stakeholders based on the principles of participation, respect for Human Rights, non-discrimination, empowerment, transparency and accountability. Stakeholder engagement will therefore be conducted to establish a lasting, positive relationship with stakeholders. The Project endeavours to provide meaningful and timely information for stakeholders to contribute meaningfully to the process.
We commit to work co-operatively with stakeholders to understand their concerns and seek to address stakeholder concerns in a fair and effective manner, and proactively consult in an open-based dialogue appropriate for the different stakeholders.